Industry Lecture by ZEISS - Business Innovation in Optics & Photonics
Entrepreneurial thinking is needed in any technologically driven company today. Acquire this competence within the lecture "Business Innovation in Optics & Photonics" by working in a team on your own business idea. Learn from the innovation experts of ZEISS and get in touch with an attractive employer. At the end of the course, pitch your own business idea in front of ZEISS managers. The best teams get the chance to continue working on their projects after the lecture in the student lab of the ZEISS Innovation Hub ∂ KIT at Campus North. The lecture is open to Bachelor, Master and PhD students.
In WS 2023/2024, the lecture focuses on Hyperspectral Imaging for Sustainability. How can new research developments in optics and photonics be translated into impactful applications for our environment? Learn about state-of-the art in hyperspectral imaging and deep dive in our case scenario, where you will be lead through the different steps of creating your own start up from a breakthrough technology development in hyperspectral imaging.
- Learn from senior experts in the morning and apply the knowledge to your own project during the group working sessions in the afternoon.
- Apply the deep tech exploration method and learn how to develop a business model, coming from a new technological development
- Lecture takes place at the ZEISS Innovation Hub @ KIT at Campus North
- Best teams get the chance to continue working on their projects after the lecture at the ZEISS Innovation Hub at KIT
Day 1: Introduction into hyperspectral Imaging and the Deep Tech Exploration Method (Oct. 14, 09.00 – 17.15)
- Technology introduction, state-of-the-art in Hyperspectral Imaging
- Scenario Introduction: Be the founder of your own start-up
- Overview Deep Tech Exploration / Select your use case
Day 2: Deep Dive – Deep Tech Exploration (Oct. 15, 09.00 – 17.15)
- Fundamental principals
- Methods and ideation techniques
- Define your tech product
Day 3: Business Case Development (Oct. 16, 09.00-17.15)
- How to protect your business idea with IP?
- Developing your business idea with the help of the Business Model Canvas
- Writing a business plan
Day 4: Pitch Preparation (Oct 17, 09.00 – 17.15)
- Writing an elevator story
- Preparing an elevator pitch
Final Pitch (Oct. 25, 09.00 – 13.00)
- Pitch your fictive start-up idea to the new business experts committee of the Carl Zeiss AG
Please register for the lecture via ILIAS.