The Karlsruhe School of Optics & Photonics (KSOP) prepares students for the labour market of the German optical industry. The close cooperation to industry partners is of high value for KSOP students.
By gaining experiences in well-known international companies via internships or master´s thesis projects, students can prepare for their professional path and get in contact with future employers. KSOP offers a lot of events and trainings to open students possibilities in the German labour market, e.g.
Practical Experiences & Industry Insights
- Gain experiences in international companies in Germany while completing at least one internship in the industry
- KSOP encourages students to write their master´s thesis at a partner company to build up a network of possible future employers
- Excursions to industry partners
- Cooperative lectures of company representatives
Soft Skills & Cultural Integration
- In German language courses, intercultural training as well as German Business Knigge workshops, KSOP students get to know the culture and the working environment in Germany better
- Learn more about how to prepare for a job interview in Germany in our application workshops
- Team work is facilitated by lab work in teams and extra-curricular activities, e.g., organized by the OSA and SPIE student chapter OSKar
Building Career Networks
- Network and career events like firm∂KSOP, the KSOP Career Fair and several other possibilities for students and company representatives to get to know possible employers in the optical industry
- KSOP graduates apply current research innovations in their future industry jobs
Click here for a closer look on our current industry partners.
Are you looking for industry internships?
KSOP Premium Partners