Key Competence Modules
In the Key Competence Modules you have the chance to acquire soft skills that can be helpful for both your research project and a good career start, e.g. you will learn how to prepare for presentations or how to manage your time.
Klick on the different module names to see more information as well as the next available dates. All dates are subject to change.
Scientific Writing and Presentation
- learn how to organize and review their papers
- concrete feedback and practical tips
- improve their current and future writing projects
- provides necessary skills to successfully and appealingly present scientific papers at conferences and to confidently defend results during discussions
- interactive sessions on all levels of a paper production, self-promotion skills, analysis of breath and speech patterns and individual feedback on the effectiveness of their presentation skills using video-recording
|Scientific Writing: April 20 & 27, 2017
Scientific Presentation: December 12-14, 2017
Career Planning and Tailor-Made Application Strategies
- become aware of your personal strengths and weaknesses
- Elements and processes from the assessment center are used to provide insights about the participant’s interests, skills, qualifications and personality
- short inputs on various topics with individual reflection on personal experiences as well as discussions and interactive parts in small groups
- explore new ways of behavior (e.g. through role play) and receive feedback on the impression you make on other people
|October 9-10, 2017
Time and Self Management
- Gain an overview on basic aspects of time and self-management
- reflecting on your own experience you will be introduced to different time management techniques
- Work-Life-Balance: What do I want to spend my time on?
- Time-management techniques: How do I avoid time pressure?
- Motivation: How do I realize my plans in practice?
- Resources: What are I my sources of strength?
- Communication: What are the blocks to refusing requests?
|Ask for upcoming dates
Communicating Science Online
- How can scientists benefit from being present on social media and from communicating actively online?
- Identify and understand the factors underlying effective science communication
- be able to decide which online tools and networks offer tangible benefits
|Ask for upcoming dates
Key Competence Module Registration