You are interested in applying for the KSOP Master Program? Then, please check the admission requirements and follow the steps leading to your application.
You need to fulfill the admission criteria for the KSOP MSc Program in Optics & Photonics (please see below).
The application procedure varies depending on your country of origin:
Candidates with outstanding study results (top 10 %) can apply for the KSOP scholarship program together with their application for the KSOP Master Program.
Do you have any questions? Please check our FAQs.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent degree in the field of Science or Engineering with above average grades. The Bachelor degree has to be completed with a minimum of 180 ECTS points or within a regular period of study of at least three years (if the Bachelor degree has not yet been conferred by the closing date for applications, but will be completed before the registration, you can apply with a preliminary transcript of records).
- Profound Knowledge in Mathematics and Physics (usually a minimum 12 credits each during the Bachelor studies)
- English Language Proficiency
The admissions committee issues a ranking for every applicant with a maximum score of 150 credits. The selection process takes into consideration previous study results, for which up to 95 credits can be allocated, as well as up to 55 credits for scientific and/or practical experiences and other achievements such as:
- Practical experiences and special preparatory trainings relevant to the field of study
- Extracurricular activities and qualifications, such as rewards, awards and conference contributions
- Experiences abroad and language qualifications
- Motivation letter and recommendation letters
For Bachelor degrees which do not correspond to the ECTS-guidelines and for which no place cipher is assigned, the admissions committee will conduct an evaluation of the applicant on the basis of descriptions of the study program. The corresponding documents have to be attached to the application.
The exact selection statutes (in German) may be consulted here .