The EUROPHOTONICS master course offers excellent teaching at top-level universities and individual study mobility throughout Europe. An extensive two-year master-level teaching program focusing on advanced and applied research topics that will constitute the near and extended future scientific goals in the field of Photonics Engineering, Nanophotonics, Biophotonics, and their interdisciplinary applications.
- Duration of 2 years
- Multiple M.Sc. degrees possible
- Broad mobility choice of 5 different European countries
- Instruction language: English
- Scholarships available
- Language courses, e.g. French and German
- Complete support in accommodation, relocation between the places of study as well as in matters of administration
Scholarships run for the entire program duration of 2 years. There will only be a small number of scholarships available per year. Please check the Europhotonics website for more information.
Program & Mobility Structure
- 1st semester: Fundamentals (Marseille)
- 2nd semester: Core Subjects & Industry Internship (Karlsruhe or Marseille)
- 3rd semester: Specialization (Karlsruhe, Marseille, Barcelona, Vilnius or Tampere)
- 4th semester: M.Sc. thesis (Karlsruhe, Marseille, Barcelona, Vilnius or Tampere)
Depending on the personal mobility structure, graduates will receive a Master of Science degree awarded by at least 2 universities. For the 2-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) program, 120 ECTS points are awarded. The language of instruction is English.
- Bachelor degree corresponding to at least 180 ECTS in the field of physics, engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, physical chemistry, applied physics, optics or a related field.
- A medium level in English is required. Regarding the English proficiency, applicants can replace the TOEFL test by a confirmation from their current university.
Apply now! The application portal is until February 15, 2020.